Symmetry Injury Rehabilitation Ltd. is a provider of Occupational Therapy, Kinesiology, Vestibular Therapy, and related services. Find out how our therapists can help you.
Learn more about these disciplines below, or more about us and our therapeutic services from the menu items above.
What a Kinesiologist does
Kinesiologists are experts in human movement, related body systems and mechanics, and how these relate to health and well-being. Kinesiologists assess an individual’s current state of health, develop objectives, and implement therapy programs to prevent injuries and chronic disease, recover from and manage injuries and chronic disease, or improve physical fitness and performance. We have eleven therapists available to our Abbotsford Kinesiology clients.
What to expect from our Abbotsford kinesiologist
Your Kinesiologist will take a detailed history during your first visit. They want to understand why you have come to them, how your difficulties impact your daily life, and what your goals for therapy are.
Your Kinesiologist will complete a comprehensive assessment of your range of motion, strength, balance, posture as well as complete an assessment of any specific injuries you may have.
If you have multiple injuries, concussions or a complex chronic condition, therapy may be prioritized to deal with the most important issue first. Smaller, progressive goals may be set.
What an Occupational Therapist does
Occupational Therapists, or OTs, specialize in activities of daily life. This includes self-care, work, and leisure pursuits. If performing these activities is hindered by injury, illness, concussions, genetic or acquired disability, your Occupational Therapist will devise a plan and provide therapy to increase your ability or modify the activity to maximize your capability to perform tasks independently. We have seven professionals available for our Abbotsford occupational therapy clients.
What to expect from our Abbotsford Occupational Therapy Professionals
An Occupational Therapist is likely to want to visit you in your home, at your workplace, or in a leisure setting. The environment can be very important in developing a plan to increase your safety, recovery, and new skills.
Your Abbotsford Occupational Therapy sessions may focus on techniques to alter the way in which a task is performed, the way external or sensory information is perceived, or the use of an adaptive device.
Symmetry’s Registered Physiotherapists, Kinesiologists, and Occupational Therapists possess a high level of knowledge about injury rehabilitation. We strive to maintain a professional approach while motivating our clients.
Each of our Registered Therapists possess the following:
- Bachelors Degree in Physiotherapy, Human Kinetics, Kinesiology, or Occupational Therapy
- Registered with the BCAK, College of Physiotherapists of BC (CPTBC), or College of Occupational Therapists of BC (COTCB)
- Minimum 2 years experience in community – based rehabilitation
- Kinesiologists possess specialized training courses in Postural assessment, Core stabilization and Functional exercise prescription.
- OT’s possess successful completion of the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists Certification exam.
- Kinesiologists and Occupational Therapists possess Brain Tree training (specialized courses for working with Brain Injured Clients)
- CPR & First Aid Certifications
- Comprehensive 5 Million Professional Liability and Commercial General Liability Insurance
Our Abbotsford Location
Symmetry Injury Rehabilitation Ltd.
34334 Forrest Terrace
Abbotsford, BC V2S 1G7